What is Cardio Tennis?
Cardio Tennis is a fun, social, group tennis/fitness program for people of all ages and abilities. DTL Tennis has certified Cardio Tennis coaches who run the sessions with a group of 4 – 10 participants per court. Whilst listening to upbeat music, the idea of Cardio Tennis is to keep moving and keep the heart pumping. During a 60-minute workout, on average women can burn around 300 to 500 calories per hour, and men can burn between 500 to 800 calories.
Cardio Tennis is played with modified balls allowing people of all standards to participate and enjoy their workout.
Watch the Cardio Tennis video below!
Suitable for All Ages, Skills and Fitness Levels
Every Cardio Tennis session is open to players of all ages and abilities. You don’t even have to be good at tennis to get involved. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before.
What does Cardio Tennis involve?
It is a 60-minute session:
- 5 – 10 minute warm-up
- 30 – 50 minute Cardio segment (drill-based and play-based activities)
- 5 – 10 minute cool-down
What are the benefits of Cardio Tennis?
- It is unlike any other workout and is a great alternative to a gym session/class.
- It is a great way to improve fitness, lose weight and stay motivated.
- It is ideal for those who are getting back into tennis after a long break.
- It is a great way to meet new people in a social, group environment.
- It is appealing to all fitness levels and playing abilities.